|Effects||Displays violent images in video feeds.|
SCP-895 is a Euclid-class SCP object. It is known on the Foundation site as "Camera Disruption".
SCP-895 is an ornate oak coffin recovered from the █████ █████ Mortuary. It was recovered by SCP personnel following reports of unusual footage captured by surveillance equipment around the location. The source of the coffin and how it was transported to the mortuaury is unknown by the mortuary staff. The coffin itself appears to be empty. SCP-895 causes disruptions in video and photographic surveillance equipment within 50 meters similar to vivid, disturbing hallucinations, the duration and regularity corresponding to the camera's proximity to SCP-895. Footage captured from within a five meter radius of SCP-895 can cause severe psychological trauma and hysteria in most subjects.
In-gameEditThe chamber room containing SCP-895 requires a level 2 keycard or higher to open the initial blast doors. The chamber contains a spiral staircase leading down to SCP-895 and a control room with a CCTV monitor.
Entering the control room forces the player's gaze onto the monitor as graphic hallucinations appear. These hallucinations include images of a human male using a saw to cut off his own hand, a bloody hand breaking through plastic, a boiled and skinned canine, a bloody and twisted smile with two white eyes piercing a black background, an eyeless humanoid figure attacking the camera, SCP-106, and the face of SCP-513-1. Staring at these hallucinations for around ten seconds will slowly kill the player. Hallucinations only appear after around five seconds of observation. Look away immediately, or put on SCP-714 before entering the control room with the CCTV monitor to prevent unwanted results.
Past the initial containment doors, down the spiral staircase, and through a short hallway will bring the player to the room containing SCP-895. If the player ventures into the room of SCP-895, SCP-106 may appear and begin to pursue the player. However, if the room containing SCP-895 is entered a second time, SCP-106 will not appear again.
The containment chamber of SCP-895 does not contain anything of use currently; therefore, it is recommended the player avoid this room unless they wish to summon SCP-106 to get captured and sent into the Pocket Dimension. As of v0.3, SCP-895 causes the S-Nav to become scrambled when the player gets close enough to the object, and as of v0.7, new ambient sounds will play once the player enters SCP-895's chamber. The file is called "895.ogg".
Version 0.1 (April 14, 2012)
- Added SCP-895.
Version 0.2.1 (July 2, 2012)
- Changed the texture on 895.
Version 0.6 (November 29, 2012)
- Slight changes to 895's model and texture.
Version 0.6.4 (December 20, 2012)
- New image added to 895's monitor hallucinations.
Version 0.7 (April 13, 2013)
- New ambient sounds added to 895's chamber.
- Unlike with most other SCPs, the label picture of SCP-895 is not the same as the picture on the SCP Foundation Wiki, rather it is an in-game screenshot taken from above. The Wiki image for SCP-895 is the live feed from a camera situated 30 meters away from the SCP.
- Some of the images used as SCP-895's hallucinations have been used in previous entertainment visuals. The twisted smile face is recycled from SCP-087-B, a game created by the same maker of Containment Breach, the man cutting off his hand is the art of an album named 'Prowler in the Yard' by Pig Destroyer, an American Grindcore band, the image of the figure attacking the camera is a photo of Nattramn, a Swedish member of the band Silencer, and the grey humanoid was once used as SCP-513-1's model during its time in-game.
- Containment procedures are being improperly followed here. The camera observing SCP-895 is no less than 2 meters away, and is hooked up to a monitor in the adjacent room. The article states that no cameras, microphones, or surveillance equipment are to be brought within the 10 meter "Red Zone" radius of SCP-895. Although this was most likely done for gameplay reasons, it appears that the on-site personnel are either careless or unaware of the strict containment procedures.
- While using the console command "noclip on," the player's sight will still be drawn to the monitor, even if floating outside of the walls of the game.
|Monitor images (NSFW)|